We're Hiring - Development Officer
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a qualified professional to fill the role of Development Officer.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an integral part of the health care community in our region, ensuring that critical equipment and services are available to residents of Cape Breton. As a registered charity, every dollar raised is used to strengthen healthcare for Cape Bretoners. Since 1990, the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation has raised more than $40,000,000.
The Development Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 80 annual relationships within an overall donor centered and integrated fundraising environment
- Assist with the execution of fundraising strategies for Radioday
- Coordinate the Memorial and Tribute and Point of Sale giving programs.
- Recruit, lead and work with event and Foundation volunteers
- Utilize fundraising strategies to retain and upgrade existing donors and acquire new donors.
- Prospect and identify potential donors
- Develop goals for account activity and provide monthly reports
- Provide presentations to community based groups and organizations
- Contribute in a collaborative and productive manner to Foundation-wide fundraising programs and initiatives (including the annual campaign, major gift fundraising and planned giving).
- Work closely with Foundation colleagues to share knowledge, resources and optimize opportunities for donors.
- Represent the Foundation at community events where appropriate and act as spokesperson
- Work collaboratively with and provide support to the Manager of Annual Giving
Requirements & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work in an empowered, team-focused environment
- Fundraising / development practices and principles
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in business administration / marketing / public relations
- A proven track record of success in relationship building, account management and solicitation
- Demonstrated skill to work within a complex environment
- Ability to work with external stakeholders and capacity to deal effectively with a wide range of relationships and situations
- Creative problem solving skills
- Community awareness and interest, particularly concerning the charitable sector
- Local travel required
- Valid Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Knowledge of research techniques
- Health care fundraising experience
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter no later than Wednesday, January 24 at 4:00pm.
Applications can be submitted to:
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
5 Weatherbee Road, Suite 209
Sydney, NS B1M OA1
The Foundation office on the main floor of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Sobeys Nova Scotia Quarter Century Alumni Present $10,300 Cheque for Cape Breton’s new Cancer Centre
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 15th, 2020
Sobeys Nova Scotia Quarter Century Alumni Present $10,300 Cheque for...
Cape Breton Celebrates Upcoming New Cancer Centre With Toronto Business Leaders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 21, 2019
Media Release ...
: Win a 3-course meal for two at The River Filly Plant Based Eats
We need your help to make the Because You Care Holiday C…